3. The basics
A. Site Header
- Sign In: If you have created a personal username in the Berg Fashion Library, use this link to sign in to access your saved searches and content.
- Sign Up: Use this link to create a personal username in the Berg Fashion Library to begin saving content and searches – see below for more information.
- Contact Us: Use this form to submit comments or questions regarding the content of the site, sales inquiries or access and technical problems.
- Subscriber Services: Subscribers to the Berg Fashion Library can access their account details, update account information, retrieve usage statistics, and enable OpenURL access.
- FAQs: Answers to frequently asked questions about the Berg Fashion Library, covering content, subscriptions, access, accessibility and technical aspects.
- Help: Comprehensive help information about the Berg Fashion Library site and services.
B. Site Navigation Bar
- Home: Clicking on this link will return you to the home page.
- About: Offers a wide range of general information and details about the content and features in the Berg Fashion Library.
- Take a Tour: Presents a downloadable guided tour of the content and features of the Berg Fashion Library
- How to Order: Provides information about how to subscribe to the Berg Fashion Library, and about any current special offers
- Browse: Access to the interactive browse tool, driven by the tailor-made Berg Fashion Library taxonomy—see Browse by taxonomy for more information
- Help: Context-sensitive help information
- the Highlight and Find tool: if you select a word or phrase anywhere on the page and click this, your selected text will populate the search box and the Berg Fashion Library will be searched automatically using that word or phrase
- My Content: links to all content items that you have viewed in a session are stored here for immediate retrieval—a count of the content items you have viewed is shown in parentheses. Hover over the link to bring a drop-down of the items, which you can select to return to that item:
- My Searches: links to all of the searches you have performed in a session, with hit counts, for rapid retrieval—a count of all the searches you have performed is shown in parentheses. Hover over the link to bring a drop-down of the searches, which you can select to perform that search again:
3.2. Content Types
The site consists of content types from a number of different sources. Categories relating to these sources are used in the interactive browser which allows you to choose and filter content within Search and Browse results. General descriptions of each type of content are on the About pages.
The Berg Fashion Library contains:
- reference articles (the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion and the A-Z of Fashion)
- images from the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion
- museum and gallery collections pages (descriptive and directory information for outstanding fashion collections)
- collection objects (illustrated and with full descriptive information)
- dictionary entries (from the Berg Dictionary of Fashion History)